What is a God Encounter?
A GOD ENCOUNTER is a weekend individuals set aside with a primary purpose of re-storing hope for the unwritten tomorrows of their life. It is an intentional opportunity to encounter the real Jesus. At this retreat, we focus on learning how to deal with the hurts, hang-ups and struggles that we all face on a daily basis. We learn to recognize those things that have kept us from living life in its fullness, and we learn how to deal with the issues that hinder our ability to live out the greater dream that God designed us for. We will hear Jesus speak into the deepest places of our heart, and always hear his love expressed. We will learn how to access the freedom Jesus wants to give. Jesus said, ‘If you hold to my teaching, then you really are my disciples and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.’ (John 8:31-32 NIV) Expect an encounter with Jesus by experiencing…
- worship that invites you into His presence
- teaching that speaks hope and life into your journey
- listening prayer where you will begin to hear His voice
- breakout conversations that allow you to know His love as you invite Him into the past and present moments of your life
- a safe and confidential peer-focused environment
- friendships rising from the richness of sharing an experience
At the end of the Encounter, it is our desire that each individual will have entered into an intimate relationship with Jesus that will enable them to pursue their greater dream as Jesus leads them through the unwritten tomorrows of their life.
What do I need to bring?
- Bible, notebook and pen
- Any personal items and toiletries such as toothpaste, soap, towel, rags, etc.
- Casual, comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bedding, and linens will be provided
- DO NOT BRING ANY ELECTRONIC DEVICES: Laptops, tablets, Kindle, CD players, I-Pods, radios, tape players, etc.